It's time for homemade soup and fireplaces. Making your own soup does sound intimidating at first but this recipe only requires a few ingredients that you probably already have at home. Give this Butternut Squash Mud Soup a try!
- 2 medium butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 can coconut cream
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp MUD\WTR
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp clove powder
- 1 tbsp salt (for the cooking water)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the salt.
- Add the cubed butternut squash to the salted boiling water and let it cook until completely soft.
- Once that’s done, strain all the water out. *Make sure to set aside about a cup of the cooking water.
- In a high speed blender, add the squash and a little bit of the cooking water, just to ease the blending process. You might want to split it into two batches for a smoother consistency
- Once the squash is all blended, return it to pot and on low heat add the coconut cream, maple syrup, mud, cinnamon, and clove powder
- Whisk until completely smooth.