Deviled Mud Eggs
Deviled eggs can be traced back to Ancient Rome, when wealthy Romans would serve up spicy, yolky starters at meals, gatherings and, uhm, orgies. Still going strong 2,000 years later, Chef Gabe’s twist on the classic appy come loaded up with mustard, hot sauce and a sprinkling of MUD\WTR’s :rise blend. We’re not judging where ya eat them.
- 12 organic, free range eggs
- ¼ cup vegan soy-free mayo
- 1 tbsp MUD\WTR's :rise blend
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp pickle juice
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp hot sauce
- A pinch of smoked paprika for sprinkling
- In a large saucepan with boiling water, add the eggs and let them cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the pan and place them in an ice bath for 2 minutes.
- Once the eggs have cooled, peel them.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and transfer them to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the mayo, ghee, :rise, yellow mustard, Dijon mustard, pickle juice, coconut sugar, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and mash well using a fork.
- Spoon fill this mix into each egg white and sprinkle a little smoked paprika on top.
- Serve up and enjoy!