With the Holiday season in full swing it's likely you have some cookies to make. We decided to try a healthier alternative to the same Christmas cookies we grew up on. So if you have some baking days coming up or are someone who celebrates Christmas and plan on leaving cookies out for Santa; we recommend hooking him up with some Gingerbread Mud Cookies.
- 2 tsp of MUD\WTR
- 1 cup oat flour
- 6 tbsp tapioca flour (AKA tapioca starch)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup unsulphured molasses
- 1 cup almond butter
- optional: dark chocolate chips for decorating
- In a large bowl, add mud, oat flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, ginger, baking soda, and sea salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the maple syrup, molasses, almond butter to bowl and mix well.
- Put mixture into freezer for 30 minutes. This makes it easier to work with if making gingerbread people.
- Remove dough from freezer. Place parchment paper on counter and roll dough with a rolling pin to about 1/4 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to design your cookies. While doing this, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set cookies onto sheets once they’re cut out.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
If you want to decorate your gingerbread people: allow cookies to cool completely. For easy frosting, melt dairy-free dark chocolate chips and place into a baggie. Snip off corner of baggie and drizzle onto cookies for “eyes”, “smile” and other decorations :)
Image By: Jonathan Taylor