Mud Maca Melt
Adaptogens are what fuel mud and keep you less stressed. We are always looking for more adaptogens to throw in mud and maca has always been something we have kept in our office since day one. Try this Mud Maca Melt the next time you are wanting a smoothie.
- 1 cup frozen banana pieces
- 1 cup frozen coconut milk (frozen in ice tray cubes)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp MUD\WTR
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 tbsp powdered coconut creamer
- 1 tbsp crunchy almond butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup ice
- ½ cup unsweetened hemp milk *or liquid of choice*
- 2 Tbsp cocoa nibs
- Pinch of Maldon sea salt
- Star anise *for decorative garnish*
- Make sure to pre-freeze bananas, and coconut milk. To freeze the coconut milk, just get an ice tray and pour the coconut milk into the individual cubes and freeze overnight.
- In a blender, add in banana, frozen coconut milk cubes, maca powder, Mud\Wtr powder, powdered coconut milk, dates, almond butter, cinnamon, ice and non-dairy milk.
- Blend on high until all ingredients are well-combined, smooth and creamy! This shake should be quite thick.
- Add in cocoa nibs and sea salt; blend again for a few more seconds.
- Pour into a smoothie glass and top with cinnamon and star anise!
Image By: Claire Sporck