Did you know that in the U.K., they only eat pancakes on one day of the year? One day! Shrove Tuesday—this year on March 1—is when the whole country traditionally pigs out on batter. Thankfully, here in the good ol’ US of A, every day is pancake day, and we’ve got the muddiest recipe out there to make yours the best on the block.
- 1 quart all purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp MUD\WTR’s :rise blend
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Now, mix both together in a large bowl until the consistency is even.
- In a greased saute pan on medium heat, pour out 4 to 6 oz of the mixture and cook until golden on the edges.
- Flip over and finish cooking until your pancake is golden on both sides.
- Set aside, stack 'em high and serve with your favorite toppings.