Vegan Chocolate Mud Mousse
If "aquafaba" is an alien word to you, take a minute, have a quick Google and get yourself acquainted. Yep, it's the juice that your chickpeas arrive in, and it's every vegan's secret sauce when it comes to making desserts.
Chef Gabe's Vegan Chocolate Mud Mousse uses aquafaba as a base, but there's a big dollop of our :rise blend and enough chocolate to keep you going 'til Christmas here, too.
This one's a dessert for an extra-special occasion.
- ¾ cup aquafaba
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips (go for 70% cacao content or higher)
- 2 tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tbsp MUD\WTR's :rise blend
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chocolate shavings to garnish
- Drop the chocolate chips in a glass or metal bowl, and place it over a hot water bath to allow the chocolate to melt. Make sure you keep stirring as it melts.
- Once melted, whisk in the :rise and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the aquafaba and the apple cider vinegar. Using your mud whip, whisk the mixture into stiff peaks.
- Once you reach stiff peaks, start adding the maple sugar bit by bit, Keep whipping the whole time.
- After the melted chocolate has cooled down, start folding it into the whipped aquafaba and maple sugar mix.
- Split the mix into four glass containers, add the chocolate shavings on top and refrigerate for two hours.
- Serve up and enjoy!